SAITO KNIVES provides a very unique knife sharpening service locally between Brisbane to Ballina NSW or by mail Australia wide. Usually, sharpening work is performed with an electric grinding wheel that often take a chunk out of your knife and in worst case scenarios, overheats the blade.
At SAITO KNIVES, all knives are hand sharpened and edges polished by Japanese knife specialist using 4~5 different whet stones.
By finishing with # 12,000 super fine polishing stone, edges become razor sharp and stay sharp for longer.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Please note that as we spend 30 to 40 minutes per knife, we can't provide same day return.
Please contact us with your location and number of the knives to be sharpened and we can advise you the earliest possible run or put your name on the waiting list.
Please contact us with your location and number of the knives to be sharpened and we can advise you the earliest possible run or put your name on the waiting list
If you have any specific request, please let us know.
The price guide can be found below. We will assess the price including the shipping charge once your knives arrive and email you an invoice with payment options.
Experience The Difference
Five reasons to choose SAITO KNIVES's knife sharpening service.
- All knives are hand sharpened to finish by Japanese knife expert using variety of whet stones.
- We will find the best edge profile and outline for your knife so it cuts effortlessly.
- Only 3 fixed prices by length for most knives.
- Always premium service for your premium knives.
- We understand that your knives are very special to you and we take care of your knives more than anyone.
- Blade length up to 10 cm - $20
- Blade length up to 20cm - $30
- Blade length 21 cm and over - $35
- Hairdressers scissors $55
- Free 5th knife sharpening ( The smallest item in a batch of 5 knives or more under 1 account is free. )
- Free pick up and delivery in Gold Coast and Northern Rivers ( Up to Ballina ).
- For mailing service, shipping fee is calculated according to the weight and items are sent by Australia post signature on delivery.
- Traditional single bevel Japanese knives and heavily damaged blade may incur extra charges depending on the condition.
*Please note that we do not handle outdoor knives, swords or anything that can be classified as weapons.
Aspley QLD 4034
This Masamoto paring knife was very rusty as well as being blunt.
I started sharpening with Sun Tiger #240 to make a tapered edge then moved up to King #1200, Shapton #5000. Before finishing, The blade was scrubbed with rust eraser to get rid of rust, then finished with Shapton #12000.
The polished blade is incredibly beautiful.
Oops! this chef knife was snapped from approx 1 / 4 from tip and the owner was about to throw it out. I ground off the back of the blade with Sun Tiger #120 to make it into Santoku shape then put a new edge with Sun Tiger #240 and moved up to King # 1200, Shapton #5000. then finished with Shapton #12000.
Now the knife started its new life as a Santoku.
This is another repair work of snapped tip but this wasn't too bad. I created the new outline with Shapton #120. The typical humped heel of German knife was removed too to make the rocking action easier. The new edge was created with Sun Tiger #240 and moved up to King #1200, Shapton #5000. then finished with Shapton #12000. Now the pointy tip is back again with a sharp and balanced edge.